Friday 10 February 2012

Crossroads.

11/02/2012

So, I turned 40 last week and have decided to make some changes.
I have run my own inner city fashion business for 15 years, been in this industry for
25 and had my share of successes and failures.

What business has taught me is to be resilient and resourceful. It has made
me tough.....not necessarily a nice thing when you're a single woman....to be tough. But it
is what it is. As a girl in business you need to be astute, or people will run right over the top of you.
There are a lot of ruthless people out there who would sell their own grandma for 5 bucks let alone
be considerate to you, so life has made me this way. Something which I have never liked and wish to change about myself.

I am TIME POOR......very. My business is a 7 day a week commitment....leaving little
time for myself, friends, family or to be in love or have kids.

I am loved, I have a boyfriend, his name is Matt,
It's not easy for him to have a relationship with a girl that works 7 days a week, and the cracks are starting to show. I feel tired all the time and I don't have much of myself to give. I feel bad and guilty all the time because I am not putting in what he deserves. I just can't think straight....I can feel myself pulling away from the pressure of being tied to someone..... because all I dream about is being free,
There is a certain amount of responsibility that comes with love. I don't know if it is the right timing for me to be in a relationship when I know there is a major life shift coming. We will see what happens. I trust in the Universe to take care of me.

This year I am making some much needed changes and taking a break. As the old saying goes "You can't keep doing the same thing over and over again and expect a different end result"
I feel like a butterfly that has been trapped under a glass, and it is time to set myself free. The time is now.

I have a systematic plan to change my life. Once I am free I will spend some time travelling. I have created a shop with no walls, because even though fashion was an accidental path for me, I have a curiosity and fascination of all things different. I am in LOVE with vintage and have been since I was a child. I like to rummage and explore through markets to find treasures. As I have little need for "stuff" myself, I will be selling what I find. My idea is to take photos of what I see and send it directly to you, from wherever I may be. That way you will be taking the journey with me. And although I may be by myself, I will never feel alone. Here is the link.

https://www.facebook.com/ZinasGypsyHeart

The page is called The Treasure Hunter. Just like the blog.

To be continued.......

X Zina


No comments:

Post a Comment